Arco (TN)

Arco (TN)

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Castle - Haibun - October 7, 2014

Today's retrò post from Carpe Diem Haiku Kai is castle which was first posted in February of 2013.

 
Arco's Castle Haibun
 
The valley I live in  (Sarca Valley) sprawls under the ruins of a castle which sits on a mount, like a brooding hen.  It's interesting to imagine what life must have been for so many long centuries.  Last weekend, I visited the castle once again.  It was a special occasion as one of the pathways had been renovated making the walk around the grounds safer.  The city council organized guided tours for the occasion with various experts on the history of the castle, but also about the flora and geological period of our valley.  I was intrigued that the Conti D'Arco family originally came from Mantua, a city that I lived in years ago and of which I have fond memories. It gave me a feeling somehow of continuity.
 
 
brooding in darkness
Arco's castle remembers
days gone by


OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
 Sarca Valley under Arco's Castle
 
The original photo of the above
 
 

12 comments:

  1. Now, if Arco's castle would only reveal some of the stories of those bygone days!

    In the Castle Keep

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that those brooding walls can tell stories if we could just tune into their wavelengths.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Bjorn and in the 80s the local archeologists began to dig out the stories.

      Delete
  3. Those dark broodings can sometimes lead to deep melancholy...

    Castle Tree

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hay day has gone by:)-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good take on the theme. The editing of the photo is very well done, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed the photos too :-)

      Delete
  6. The brooding gives the castle a forlorn but expectant air.

    ReplyDelete

harmonious words ... like crystal clear water ... pure ectasy

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments."