Arco (TN)

Arco (TN)

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Tan Renga - July 26, 2014

Today's tan renga begins with this hokku (haiku) given to us at Carpe Diem Haiku Kai.


Chèvrefeuille tells us:

"A new Tan Renga Challenge is on ... to challenge your senses and insights in the association on themes. As I have done this month with the Tan Renga Challenges I have another classical haiku-poet for you to write Tan Renga. This week I have chosen a haiku by Sho-u. As far as I know he wrote only two haiku and there is nothing else to tell about him ... I couldn't find anything about Sho-u ... The goal of the Tan Renga Challenge is to write a second stanza of two lines (7-7 syllables or less) towards the given haiku by association on the first stanza in this case the haiku by Sho-u.

Mount Fuji


mannaka ni  fuji sobietari  kuni no haru

in the centre,
mount Fuji towers up:
spring in our country


© Sho-u


Here is Chevrefeuille’s offering:
in the centre
Mount Fuji towers up:
spring in our country 
© Sho-u
a gathering of families
celebrates the cherry blossoms
© Chèvrefeuille

Could living under mount Fuji be something I can relate to?  Here living in Trentino I can understand the feeling of the majesty of the mountains ... and I know that mount Fuji is particularly dear and sacred to the Japanese.


in the centre
Mount Fuji towers up:
spring in our country 
© Sho-u
pink blossoms perfume the air
tempting the first butterflies

© G.s.k. '14  

4 comments:

  1. I really like "tempting the butterflies"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol ... they start out in late spring I suppose ... I'm not really up to date on butterfly habits, but liked the image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice continuation to the haiku by Sho-U and it makes the Tan Renga stronger ... in it's scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kristjaan ... it was a difficult hokku in the sense that it didn't really say much to me ... until I began to think about spring cherry blossoms ;-)

    ReplyDelete

harmonious words ... like crystal clear water ... pure ectasy

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments."