Arco (TN)

Arco (TN)

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Writing with Managua Gunn - Forest - July 16, 2014

Today's Ghost Writer at Carpe Diem Haiku Kai is Managua Gunn, Managua Gunn's Cabin Fever an accomplished habun and haiku poet!
His beautiful post tells us all about the marvels of the forest, and not just poetically, but scientifically as well .. it's a post I'm sure you would enjoy.  Here, let me give you a short quote:
I am happy in the forest. The feeling of serenity that comes from walking in a forest does not stem from imagination. The natural setting, changing scenery with seasons and aromas, breezes all have wonderful benefits, and studies show that time spent among trees boosts immune system, lowers blood pressure, accordingly reduces stress and improves mood, increases ability to focus, accelerates recovery from surgery or illness, increases energy level and improves sleep,: the whole package in fact. The Japanese found a term for it: shinrin-yoku. 'forest bathing,' ...
And that was only the beginning ...

Here are two delightful haiku by Basho:

won't you come and see
loneliness? Just one leaf
from the kiri tree


Cedar umbrellas, off
to Mount Yoshimo for
the cherry blossoms


Now, after a walk in the woods, as I have no forest close by, pen in hand, I will copy a haiku that came to mind:


sparkling laughter
in the depth of the woods
water falls




spring rain drops
decorate the woods with light
in Bolognano

16 comments:

  1. These lines decorate readers' minds with pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy you found that pleasure. Thanks you for coming by :-)

      Delete
  2. Very beautiful lines 'sparkling laughter....' Loved the first one.
    Thanks fof visiting my site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pleased you liked the haiku, I love the sound of water flowing in the woods. My pleasure and thank you too for dropping in.

      Delete
  3. Marvelous photography and excellent haiku ~ love the 'sparkling laughter' ~ thanks, ^_^

    artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol ... glad you enjoyed the photos and the ku, thanks for visiting and commenting.

      Delete
  4. What a post! Just a beautiful experience from beginning to end. I'm not a fellow usually moved to watery eyes, but your discussion and haiku were just beautiful, and your words so kind. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thank you very much for these kind words! You wrote a beautiful piece which I found very enlightening and inspiring. I'm so happy you enjoyed my haiku and the post. It has been a joy to see you here, again thank you very much.

      Delete
  5. These are beautiful Georgia! I really love the sparkling laughter, the water decorating the forest -- such delicate images!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen ... I love the combination of woods and water ... glad you liked the haiku!

      Delete
  6. I can see the raindrops decorating the trees.

    The Forest Sways

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it when I can capture them in photographs ... something magic about a raindropped decorated tree. Thanks for your link.

      Delete
  7. I love the sound of water. how lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must agree with you Belinda whole heartedly ... even the rain ... which is getting a little old, has that calming sound I so love. Glad you liked it.

      Delete
  8. My creek (or what passes by my yard) never seems to be in a hurry - only when it storms one can hear the rain patter and the rush of the force of all the water draining from the neighborhood. So I would like to think most of the time it is silently laughing...

    Have you ever heard of the old wives folk story that you can tell when it is going to rain because the leaves of trees turn over. Could just be the winds of the storm, others say the leaves turn to get more water.

    Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an interesting idea, leaves turning over to annouce a storm ... no I'd never heard it. This is a lovely image. Thanks for sharing both with me ... I enjoyed both very much.

    ReplyDelete

harmonious words ... like crystal clear water ... pure ectasy

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments."