Arco (TN)

Arco (TN)

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Spearflowers - Tanka - October 4, 2014

Spearflowers (manryoo):
 The Ardisia Crispa is a shrub that will grow between 2 feet high and 2 feet in thickness. It is semi hardy plant quite suited to temperate climates. It is an evergreen plant and keeps its leaves during Winter. It will grow well in any location including shaded areas of the garden. Situated against a north wall would be a good place for it to . The plant can produce a beautiful scent in the evenings that evokes a certain exotic ambiance. The scent of the plant is seems most present on humid evenings after a warm day.
 Here is a lovely haiku by Yozakura

tandokude wasurete watashino nagusameni dake ippan tekina yamano hana

alone, forgotten, 
only a common mountain flower 
to comfort me

© Yozakura



 

laying on her bed
the room smells of spearflowers
 delicate his kiss
the snow white silken sheets
are soon stained in joyous red

(c) G.s.k. '14

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§ù

I've never heard of these flowers before, so I let the description given by Chèvrefeuille December 18, 2012 post inspire me ... specifically: "The plant can produce a beautiful scent in the evenings that evokes a certain exotic ambiance."  The photograph I used is also a piece of history, from the same period!  A blog entitled : Rheumatologe who wrote a triplet of haiku for Spearflowers.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, Georgia -- this is magnificent! And you were worried .... for what? Really, this is a wonderfully sensual response.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it ... just a little out of my box I guess ;-)

      Delete

harmonious words ... like crystal clear water ... pure ectasy

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments."