Arco (TN)

Arco (TN)

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Richard Wright's first "their watching faces " - December 4, 2014


among the crowds, like
books carelessly left open
faces telling tales

another story -
tragedy or happiness
on a stranger's face

I'm a wanderer
walking on this autumn road
collecting stories

(c) G.s.k. '14



§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

This is the first special dedicated to the haiku poetry of Richard Wright ... this is his haiku which we used as inspiration to write a new poem, in the same tone as his ... using the 5-7-5 format which he preferred.

Their watching faces,
as I walk the autumn road
make me a traveler.


© Richard Wright

Here is our host's contribution:

following the sand path
circling around this mountain
I feel like an eagle

© Chèvrefeuille


For more information about the prompts and about Richard Wright please follow the link below.

Linked to Carpe Diem Haiku Kai Special

4 comments:

  1. I like how you managed to keep autumn in it -- and how the series flows so easily -- takes a lot of work to get it to look so effortless! The "faces telling tales" motif -- very nice, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Between you and me, I re-wrote the concluding haiku to work autumn into it! Glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  2. I think that walking roads in books is the best way to travel sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

harmonious words ... like crystal clear water ... pure ectasy

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments."